Fanuc Alarm 2 (Internal Fan Failure)
Fanuc ALPHA i series power supply module presenting as Fanuc alarm 2. Indicating a failure or problem with the internal fan fitted via a plastic frame into the power module.
This alarm can present on 6110, 6115, 6120, 6140, 6150, 6152, 6200, 6250 power module from the ai series.
Look for flashing yellow FAN tab on CNC control.
Accompanying system alarms are DS0610 will force the machine into error condition and stop the drives from functioning beyond referencing. On other types of control systems SP9059 and or SV0443 may appear with alarm 2.
Alarm 2 should be present on PS (power supply module) and possibly alarm 59 on spindle amplifier modules as a result of the aiPS fan alarm.
Fault finding alarm 2 on PS.
- Feel if the fan is blowing.
- Check Fan Speed Diagnostic (1717 / 1718 or 1728 / 1729)
- Objects or dirt/contamination blocking the fan
- Check for foreign objects stopping the fan or clean off the fan if crud present (could be a free fix).
- Reseat connections:
- Bad Fan connection
- Reseat the control pcb
- Replace the fan
- Part number starts with A90L-0001-0xxx#x or will have a NBT-MAT, SanAce WF series.
- None of the above replace drive
NOTE: Please make sure its a competent individual that has requisite training, knowledge, skills to work on powered CNC machine tool. Or contact your local CNC service engineer to inspect the Fanuc ALARM 2.
Fanuc Parts Specialist:
If your Fanuc control system alarms then we can help by assisting you with diagnosis and the supply of parts or repair of drives, motors and control system boards. Further we can build cables on order if required.
Thousands of Fanuc parts in stock ready to ship today: