Fanuc Alarm 56 (Internal Fan Failure)
Fanuc ALPHA i series spindle amplifier module presenting as Fanuc alarm 56. Indicating a failure or problem with the internal fan fitted on a clipped plastic into the drive.
This alarm can present on 6111, 6112, 6116, 6121, 6122, 6141, 6142, 6151, 6152, 6154 spindle amplifier from the ai series.
Look for flashing yellow FAN tab on CNC control.
Accompanying system alarm SP9056 which will force the machine into alarm condition and stop the drives from functioning beyond interfacing.
Alarm 56 should be present on SP (spindle amplifier module) status display in the electrics cabinet.
Fault Finding alarm 56 on SP.
- Feel if the fan is blowing.
- Check Fan Speed Diagnostic (1723 / 1724)
- Objects or dirt/contamination blocking the fan
- Check for objects stopping the fan or clean off the fan if obstructed (could be a free fix).
- Reseat connections:
- Bad Fan connection
- Fan connector not seating properly
- Reseat the control pcb
- Replace the fan
- Part number starts with A90L-0001-0xxx#x or will have a NBT-MAT, SanAce WF series.
- None of the above replace spindle amplifier module
NOTE: Please make sure its a competent individual that has requisite training, knowledge, skills to work on powered CNC machine tool. Or contact your local CNC service engineer to inspect the Fanuc ALARM 56.
Fanuc Parts Specialist:
If your Fanuc control system alarms then we can help by assisting you with diagnosis and the supply of parts or repair of drives, motors and control system boards. Further we can build cables on order if required.
Thousands of Fanuc parts in stock ready to ship today: