Fanuc Alarm 88 (External Fan Failure)
Fanuc ALPHA i series spindle amplifier module presenting as Fanuc alarm 88. Indicating a failure or problem with the external fan attached to the radiator or heatsink section of the drive.
This alarm can present on 6111, 6112, 6116, 6121, 6122, 6141, 6142, 6151, 6152, 6154, 6220, 6270 spindle amplifier from the ai series.
Flashing fan – spindle amp fan warning (black test on yellow tab on CNC display).
Accompanying system alarm are SP9088 which will force the machine into alarm condition and stop the drives from functioning beyond interfacing.
Alarm F should be present on SP (spindle amplifier module) status displays in the electrical cabinet.
Fault Finding alarm 88 on SP.
- Feel if the fan is blowing.
- Check Fan Speed Diagnostic (1726 / 1727)
- Objects or dirt/contamination blocking the fan
- Check for foreign objects stopping the fan or clean off the fan if crud present (could be a free fix).
- Reseat connections:
- Bad Fan connection
- Reseat the control pcb
- Replace the fan
- Part number starts with A90L-0001-0xxx#x or will have a NBT-MAT, SanAce WF series.
- None of the above replace drive
NOTE: Please make sure its a competent individual that has requisite training, knowledge, skills to work on powered CNC machine tool. Or contact your local CNC service engineer to inspect the Fanuc ALARM 88.
Fanuc Parts Specialist:
If your Fanuc control system alarms then we can help by assisting you with diagnosis and the supply of parts or repair of drives, motors and control system boards. Further we can build cables on order if required.
Thousands of Fanuc parts in stock ready to ship today: